Monday, February 26, 2018

Happy Birthday....{MCT Manly Monday}

Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend!!!
I am back with a card for My Creative Time's
Manly Monday post!
My son's birthday is tomorrow... he will be 17! OMG I can not believe it!
Time is flying so fast and I just want it all to slow down! We are already starting to plan for college! I am so proud of him and all of his accomplishments~ he is a hard worker and does very well in school, football and his community activities. 
Enough of me bragging...LOL! I made a CAS card to give to him celebrating his birthday.
Manly cards are always a challenge so I kept this one very simple.
Take a look and let me know what you think...
CAS right? I used a kraft cardstock base and added a layer of white cardstock that I die cut using the largest of the Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies.
I stamped the sentiment, from the Make a Wish set onto the white mat using my MISTI to center it where I wanted.
Next using the Sentiment Label Dies, I die cut 4 banners. I arranged the banner onto the mat for a reference as to where I wanted them and then cut them in half. I did cut them all different lengths so when I taped them onto my card they did not line up exactly the same on the tops.
Once they were cut, I taped them above and below the sentiment making the sentiment the focal point.
To finish off my card, I added some thicker hemp twine around the top and bottom of the sentiment, hiding the cut marks from the banners and adding a manly border around the sentiment.
A simple bow tied off the hemp ribbon and completed my card.

I hope you like my CAS birthday card!
Make sure to head on over the the MCT blog for more inspiration!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a GREAT Monday!!


9 comments:

  1. It's a GREAT masculine card Jessica... Perfect for your young man! Happy Birthday to your son! Time does fly and they grow up so fast! Enjoy every minute with him! HUGS!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss Jessica What an AWESOME Card!! Loving you ideas for the Ribbons and he's the BLUE ribbon in the bunch....and stands out from the rest because it's HIS day! Cute Story share and for sure they grow up too fast...time doth fly!! He will LOVE his card. Great Creative ideas using Miss Emma's goodies. You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome masculine card!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Happy birthday to your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son. He will love his card, very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card design and I like the manly colors. Happy Birthday to your son and I am still wishing to slow down time...let me know if you find a way!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this card. Very manley.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete